Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"File or Assembly name ADODB, or one of it's dependencies, was not fou

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgreer

Programmer
Jan 9, 2001
US
Does anyone know how to fix this?

"File or Assembly name ADODB, or one of it's dependencies, was not found."

I'm getting this error message when calling a COM object from an asp .net application.

thanks for any info.

You need to add a reference to ADODB. Is the message being returned to you from the COM object or being generated by VS. If it's from your code then I must advise you to switch over and use ADO+ which has been efficientized(my own word) for .NET.

That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

I have a reference to ADODB. ADO+ is unfortunately not an option. I'm getting this error message when calling another com object from an asp.net app. But, I don't get this message in my development environment. It only appears on another web server (that doesn't have the dev env. installed).

Is the framework properly installed? And IIS is working properly.

The other thing I can think of is that it might have something to do with the COM object your calling. That'l do donkey, that'l do
[bravo] Mark
If you are unsure of forum etiquette check here faq796-2540

Yes, framework is properly installed. I've been through a lot to get it working correctly, including the latest security updates from the following link:
IIS is working correctly. The same COM object when called through asp works fine on the same machine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back