Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"File History" - Anyone Used this in Win8?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
I just noticed this article:
How to Use File History on Windows 8 on one of the TomsHardware sites.

Anyone here had any experience with that feature yet? I'm just curious of anyone else's experience with it so far. That sounds like a really good feature that's built into Win8.

I've still not taken the time to mess with Win8 at all yet, since my initial 5 or 10 minute test, myself.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

No, haven't used it. But I just got a new Win8 laptop to replace my 2-year-old Win7 laptop that went belly-up. I'll check it out tonight when I get home.

This might be good for those "oops" moments when you need to revert to a previous version of a program for which you have the source. Might save me the trouble of restoring from the online backup.

-- Francis
There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
--Mark Twain

I think it will only keep copies of files that you have in your "Libraries". It will save these file copies to a location specified by you (Network or Hard Drive etc.). You can add folders to the "Library" list if you want to save files from other locations.

Thanks, linney. As it turns out, SQL Server Management Studio stores scripts by default in a subfolder of My Documents, which ought to be in the Documents library. Same thing for Quicken, which I'd also be using this for.

-- Francis
There are laws to protect the freedom of the press's speech, but none that are worth anything to protect the people from the press.
--Mark Twain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back