Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"failed to load control" error using Remote Desktop Connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

tara8

Programmer
Nov 12, 2003
CA
The Visual Basic 6 project I am working on has several user controls. These controls are compiled into an .exe that runs quite well on all user pc's except when trying to run the application on a pc you're connected to via Remote Desktop Connection. The error is:

"Error 372: Failed to load control 'our user control name' from . Your version of may be outdated. Make sure you are using the version of the control that was provided with the application."

*NOTE the blanks after 'from' and 'of' in the first two sentences...

I have scanned the newsgroups for those with similar problems, but most people encounter this problem when they are working with compiled ocxs or imagelists. I don't know why I am even getting this error since the user control listed in the error message is not even used in the application.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back