Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Failed to Export", "Memory Full" 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

josephwc

Programmer
Oct 13, 2005
US
Report Version Crystal 11
Enterprise Version 9 and 10
Data Source MS Access XP

Because of issues with Crystal Enterprise 10 we are temporarily running our Crystal Reports on Crystal Enterprise 9 (which was the original version we used).

An associate of mine copied a report from Enterprise 10, placed it on the shared directory for me to access, and placed a copy to run on Crystal Enterprise 9. Over the weekend the scheduled instances of this report failed on Crystal Enterprise 9 giving the message "{Error Message: Not enough memory for operation.". I attempted to run this report on Crystal Reports 11 this morning (the version this report was originally created under) and I got the error message "Failed to export the report", and "memory full". How can I fix this?

There are known issues with CR XI:

Try installing the latest service pack and appropriate hot fixes:

Were you just running it from CR XI, or exporting it? The error says export, you said that you just ran it, so I'd like clarification of whether the error is inaccurate..

You need to do some more research.

Is the report based on a Access Query or tables?

It may be that the report is returning too many rows.

Also, what connectivity are you using? If odbc, try direct and vice versa.

There are also known issues when a printer change occurs and what used to fit on a page no longer does (as with subreports, etc.)

-k

Were you just running it from CR XI, or exporting it? The error says export, you said that you just ran it, so I'd like clarification of whether the error is inaccurate..

You are correct. The error occurred when I attempted to export to Acrobat. I got to the point where I had picked the document name for the Acrobat file. Then I hit "Save" and the error messages popped up.

Is the report based on a Access Query or tables?
The report is based on three Access queries. One for a subreport in a header, one for a subreport in the footer, and then one for the detail section of the report. The report has been running fine up to now (for the last 9 months)

Also, what connectivity are you using? If odbc, try direct and vice versa.

ODBC. I will try direct.

I can actually export to excel no problem. I just can't export to Acrobat...strange.

Could be something amiss with that DLL or registry settigns, again, apply the service pack.

-k

Found the problem. In the report header there was a OLE object with a company logo. Somewhere along the way this item got corrupted. When the OLE object was removed I was then able to export to Acrobat...Strange but true. I hope this problem helps someone else. Thanks for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back