Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"excel reporter" - is there such a product?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fishysheep

Programmer
Oct 13, 2001
GB
Hi,

My company has asked me to take a look at something called "Excel Reporter". I've googled and the although I can find mentions, the only definite link brings me to Synaptris' web site and a product called IntelliVIEW. Are "IntelliVIEW" and "Excel Reporter the same thing? Is there actually a product called Excel Reporter - the person this request has come from knows little about computing and I'm beginning to think they're actually referring to generic excel reports.

thanks

Googling for Excel Reporter returns a few links for a product that seems to have that name ( I've never heard of it and don't know if it is any good or even what it does.

I'd definitely follow your gut on this one, though. The first (and second) thing you should do whenever anyone asks you for data is confirm that you, and they know what they want.

I'd talk to the requester and see what it is that they want to accomplish.

[tt]_____
[blue]-John[/blue][/tt]
[tab][red]The plural of anecdote is not data[/red]

Help us help you. Please read FAQ181-2886 before posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back