Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Events" disappeared

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTCHEGG

Technical User
Nov 28, 2003
US
I have Sidekick 99 - today my events disappeared- such as Memorial Day, Father;s Day, all the birthdays I had noted etc.

Tried reinstalling Userdata but no luck- I see a file CPSMEVEN- CPSM being the name of the calendar file, it has 68K in it but whjy is it not being captured when I fire it up? Also I have other calendars and the "events" DO appear. Any ideas?

Dear SCOTCHEGG

The file name should be
CPSMEVEN.SKW and if you go to File|Open when you have the calendar view, you should be able to navigate to the location and open that calendar which consists of more files with the .SKW suffix.
If there is no calendar file therte then the CPSMEVEN.SKW file has become orphaned and needs to be returned to its 'Chums'

If the file has moved then Sidekick will create another blank file which is what you have described.

Close Sidekick and then copy the file to the location of the other calendar files/Tasks etc and delete any .tmp or similarly named files and then re-open Sidekick.

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

To James33, tried, but no success! Not sure what to do next.CPSMEVEN.skw is there in the Userdata directory. I have opened other caloendars that I had created in the past and there is no problem seeing birthdays, holidays etc. It's just in this calendat I'm using -CPSM which is my main calendar.

What other files with that prefix (CPSM)are in that folder.

Apologies I have been on holiday for 2 weeks!

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Check the monthly view in your main CPSM Calendar to see if any events are there.
Create a very noticeable event for today in your CPSM Calendar and then follow these instructions:

Create a backup of your CPSM calendar in a folder inside Userdata (For obvious reasons ie Backup) and then open Sidekick and go File|New and create a new calendar and save it in a new folder on the desktop and call the Calendar 1CPSM.
Now close Sidekick and navigate to the CPSM original calendar in Userdata and copy the CPSMEVEN.skw file and paste it into the folder on the desktop with the 1CPSM Calendar files.

Change the 1CPSMEVEN.skw file to OLDCPSMEVEN.skw check the size too and then rename the CPSMEVEN.skw file to 1CPSMEVEN.skw

Now re-open Sidekick and see if the events you lost are in the new 1CPSM Calendar and if they are not in that calendar and the event you entered for today is, then the file you are referring to CPSMEVEN.skw is being loaded with Sidekick and you still have the problem so in Calendar view in Sidekick go File|Open and navigate back to Userdata and open your original calendar.
If today's event is not there and all your old events are, then you have recovered the events which you were looking for.
We can synchronise 2 Calendars once we have established that fact.

Lets see how that goes first.

Many thanks for this, will do and let you know- sorry for the delay but was also on holiday!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back