Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Enter Parameter Value" When Openign Table

Status
Not open for further replies.

JHHPavel

Technical User
Jul 18, 2003
US
I have a database which suddenly started asking for a parameter value when I open a certain table. The table is called ProjectMasterList, with the Project name field as a key field. There is another table, called ProjectActivity, which is linked by referential integrity to the ProjectMasterList by the Project field. The ProjectActivity table has the Project field and the Assigned (staff member's name) field as key fields.

Whenever I try to open the ProjectMasterList table, it asks me for the parameter values for three fields in the ProjectActivity table. I just click through without entering anything and the ProjectMasterList table opens fine. None of the three fields in the ProjectActivity table are used as lookups or are in any way linked to the ProjectMasterList table fields.

All of the forms, queries, reports, etc., work as before but I'm curious as to why this parameter request is popping up. None of our local Access gurus can figure it out and the Microsoft help site had some clues that didn't work.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

This could happen if the field names were inadvertently changed.

Beir bua agus beannacht!

Good thought but the names are still the same as before, no changes. I opened a new, blank database and imported all of the objects from my current database into it. The MainProjectList table opened in this new database without asking for parameters from the ProjectActivity table.

The original database is only 5,088 KB and it has been compacted and repaired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back