Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"E-mail a link" function not working after upgrade/migration

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonathanHerschel

Programmer
Mar 29, 2007
US
I recently migrated our site collections to a x64 bit farm AND upgraded them to the April Culm patch.
The 'Email a link' is not working correctly and seems to have changed replacing the space ("%20") to ("%2520") in the URL..

Example:
Old Farm (works)

New Farm (broken)

Has anybody encountered this or know anything about %2520?

thanks!

Jonathan K Herschel

Interesting thanks...but now what?
I have looked through Central Admin for encoding settings and didn't find anything. I have confirmed that it is not a setting in the ISA firewall...
I wonder if this is a bug in April Culm?
anybody else running April Culm than can check functionality?

Jonathan K Herschel

no idea mate.

I think you should take this issue up with Microsoft. Your issue seems to be a one off (based on some Googling i did)...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

I thought I would update everyone on this issue. We have found that some InfoPath forms have this problem too. when a user goes into an infoPath form doc library and selects NEW, an error occurs because the spaces are 'double encoded'. We are still looking into the issue, but if anyone has any suggestions, they are very much appreciated!

Jonathan K Herschel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back