Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Double" attachments appearing in Lotus Notes email

Status
Not open for further replies.

garion42

IS-IT--Management
Jun 15, 2005
DE
We have a trouble ticket system that sends email when certain events occur (e.g. ticket is updated or closed). Sometimes we also include images, such as screen shots. One of our customers is using Lotus Notes and is complaining that they always receive an extra file numbered starting from 0 *without* any extension. So, for example, they have two files image.jpg and 0. If we send two images, they have four files, image1.jpg, image2.jpg, 0 and 1. They are about 1/3 the size and if I rename the file to 0.jpg, I can view them. My guess is that are thumbnails created by Lotus, as our ticket system only sends out the original images and not thumbnails or any other extra files. I have tested it with Outlook and a web-based browser and there is always only a single file for each image. Is this something that Lotus Notes does automatically? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Not claiming to be an expert, but I've long heard that Outlook is not, by default, configured to send properly MIME-encoded mails. Microsoft has its own way of doing things, as we all know, and Outlook to Notes mail has historically often had issues.
To solve these issues, I have heard that most often setting Outlook to send proper Internet mail is the solution.
I haven't got the faintest idea how to do that though, I'm just a developer.

Pascal.

I've got nothing to hide, and I demand that you justify what right you have to ask.

Thanks for the reply. The thing is, Outlook seems to be doing the "right" thing. That is email from Outlook does not contain the extra imagess (at least that is what the customer is saying). Maybe it is because Outlook is not set to "send proper Internet mail" that they appear differently???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back