Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Document Not Saved" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfrizelle

Programmer
Jan 15, 2004
IE
Hi,

This one has me really baffled!

We're using SharePoint 2003. I browse to a file on one of the Team Services sites, and open it (Edit in Microsoft Excel), make a change, and save the document. No problem.

When another user tries to do the same thing, and she goes to save it, it displays an error message 'Document Not Saved'. She then closes the file, saying No when it prompts her to save it (saying Yes only gives the same Document Not Saved error).

When I open up the file again, I don't see her changes, but when she opens it again, she does.

Then I make another change, save the file, and we both see the version of the file that I've just saved - her changes are lost.

Knowing that 'Save As...' should default to the location that the file was opened from, we've each done a Save As - on my machine it's defaulting to the correct SharePoint location; however on her machine it defaults to her My Documents.

I've saved the file locally, deleted the version on SharePoint, and uploaded the file again, but this made no difference.

WTF???! Anyone got any ideas? This is happening on two machines that I know of, probably more.

Thanks a lot for any help!
J.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back