Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Device Driver" for MVP Baseball 2004

Status
Not open for further replies.

softwareberet

IS-IT--Management
Jun 1, 2004
US

We would like a "device driver" that allows a program to send commands from the program to MVP Baseball 2004 running on Windows 2000 Professional. We are looking to see if there is some freeware code that will allow this to occur or if we can pay a "small" amount of money to get this type of code.

Thanks for any direction you can provide.

Scott

Device drivers are for controlling hardware devices, like video cards, mice, keyboards, or web cams. They are not for sending commands between programs.

Anyway, if you want to send commands to a program, that program has to have a way of accepting commands. For example, an interface. It's usually different for every program, and most of the time it is hidden for security reasons. Particularly for game programs, where the designers usually hide any such interfaces because they don't want you to be able to cheat.

You usually use sendmessage api for this sort of thing (such as KeyStrokes and MouseClicks) you just need the handle for the Window...

Check out...
MSDN: SendMessage Function

Syntax:

LRESULT SendMessage(
HWND hWnd,
UINT Msg,
WPARAM wParam,
LPARAM lParam
);

I used this to send keystrokes to an online game called THERE to make a character dance...
(such as This)

Which was essentially the same thing as a macro, so you might want to just check into some type of Macro Maker, depending on what, exactly, you are wanting to do...

The one in the link above is not the only one, by far, it just happens to be free, and the only one that I have used, before I decided to make my own in VB...

Keep in mind that all of these just use the SendMessage function, so I would not suggest paying money for one, (unless you just want to donate to one of the developers), but if you know how to program, you can always do it yourself... So there is no need to buy a commercial version...

Have Fun, Be Young... Code BASIC
-Josh
cubee101.gif

PROGRAMMER: (n) Red-eyed, mumbling mammal capable of conversing with inanimate objects.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back