Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Default open mode" with Access project (*.adp)

Status
Not open for further replies.

balor

Programmer
Jul 24, 2000
If you create an Access project and use it with MSSQL-server you can’t specify "Default open mode"(Advanced tab on options). You can’t specify it by code either. It is always "Exclusive". I want the users to use the same .adp or .ade file on the server so I don’t need to copy it to the local computers. This works fine but if more then one user are opening the file they get a warning that the file is read only because the first user has open it in exclusive mode. I thought the problem should be solved when I created an .ade file from the .adp file but the warning is still there.

Any suggestions?

I've always gotten that too, but ignore it because the users are only interested in changing the data which is on the SQL Server. That error only tells you they can't modify the forms or reports.

a.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back