Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"dead" connection

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guest_imported

Jan 1, 1970
I recenlty installed a PCtel Hsp56micromodem on my computer, i spent 2 days looknig for working drivers, I finally found them and installed them.... I opened my dial up window and connected, it connects to my isp fine and does all the normal steps, but when it is finished the conenction box goes down to my task bar but the connection is instantly dead or "numb"... the connection sends about 4-5 hundred bytes both ways and then does nothing more.....

P.S. when one of the drivers i tried to install started it gave me a an error saying it couldnt initalize modem.cpl, And it also gave me an error about "WDM_Modem" any help aprecciated thx

You say one of the drivers you tried to install gave an error message. How many have you tried? Also, looking at the "General" tab under the Modem icon in Control Panel, how many modems does it say are installed? Depending upon your operating system, you may have a "Diagnostics" tab under the Modem icon. If yes, click on "more info" - does this test complete successfully?

ROGER - GØAOZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back