Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Database logon is not needed for this report" - APS Crisis

Status
Not open for further replies.

MVisconte

Programmer
Jun 17, 2002
US
I've been working late nights and didn't get a chance to go home this weekend (I work out of town and ONLY get to see the fam on weekends, sigh) trying to get lots and lots of reports (Crystal 8.0) ready for a high level briefing (read "dog and pony show") that is coming up on Tuesday.

After fuming and sweating over minor formatting details and getting everything into what I think is perfect shape, I am ready to start exporting my reports to the APS (SI 7.5) and what do I find?

When I try to set the db properties to allow the ODBC login, I am told "Database logon is not needed for this report." It darn well is, or the report has learned to read minds. It needs an ODBC set (w/ pw) AND it needs parameters, neither of which the APS will let me set.

Report works fine in designer. What gives?

I have called Xtal over this in the past, and all they could do was to get me to copy a WORKING (old) report to the directory and then re-design it to do what the NEW report should have. This won't work in this case, as these reports are a COMPLETE redesign, I have 20-odd reports against 5 sites each to set them up for, and I just don't have time to do this.

Anyone? Anyone?

Marc

Marc,

Let me end your purgatory.

When you're publishing your reports to the Desktop, before you try to set any database or parameter details, make refreshing the object your first point of call. This'll force the APS to acknowledge that database details are required.

Naith

Thank you Naith. It turns out I was refreshing the "APS" rather than the individual reports. Sigh. All better now. And the reports look very nice.

The PMO want yours truly to run the brief. He seems to think that exposure to the management types may do me well. I thought people died from exposure, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back