Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Ctrl + Alt + Del" not working on Remote Control Client

Status
Not open for further replies.

msellors

MIS
Jul 24, 2000
US
I installed a test site for SMS 2.0 SP1 and I was unable to perform a "Ctrl + Alt + Del" on my Winnt 4.0 SP6a test Remote Control clients. Has anyone encountered any similar problems?

This is a known problem...try rebooting your NT workstation and then try the ctlr-alt-del button...it should work.

Do you have Client Access installed on the workstation.&nbsp;&nbsp;If so there is a problem with Ctrl_alt-Del taking a very long time to come up and when it does there is no Domain Line showing.&nbsp;&nbsp;If this is your problem, I have found that I can delete the following key from the Registry: HKLM - CurrentControlSet - Services - Cwbnetnt - NetworkProvider &quot;ProviderPath&quot;=&quot;C:\Program Files\IBM\Client Access\Shared\Cwbnetnt.dll”<br><br>The downside to this is that you can't browse AS400 in network neighborhood.&nbsp;&nbsp;There could be other issues, but I haven't found any others yet. I am still testing this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back