Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Coverage Paths" in Call Manager 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

grod1

Programmer
Jul 16, 2009
US
How do you create a "coverage path" in the Call Manager. With Avaya it was a simple operation to just add coverage-path next. But I am still getting use to the CM. Any help would be greatly appriciated. Thanks.

In Call Manager there are no "coverage paths" like in the Avaya Definity/Communication Manager, you have to create a 'Hunt Group', if your familiar with the Avaya IP Office it is more similar to what you have to do there. I am learning the Call Manager platform myself and we will have to create several hundred 'hunt groups' to provide a similar function as the coverage paths that we are currently accustom to.

How deep does your coverage path go? With a single point you can CFNA forward to a secretary, have the secretary CFNA to messaging and set messaging to look for original called party. At least you can with Express I don't have an full CMs installed yet.

For us the CFNA will work for about half of our 4800+ users. Most have coverage anywhere from 3 to 5 deep. Company was built on personal interaction, always able to communicate with a warm voice.

Right, I might have 1% of about 2K users that need more than 1 deep coverage so it works well for me. Installing a CUCMBE next week and an enterprise two weeks later so I'll have more idea what it looks like then.

Yo need to create RM Jtapi and CUCM users. It is like creating call coverage for technical helpdesk. You can create supervisor and the supervisor can control the coverage.I hope this is what you intend to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back