Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"could not connect to AOS server"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Panchanka

Programmer
Oct 20, 2003
CA
Just updated all the PEPs on my Call Pilot 3 and still getting an error message that reads "could not connect to AOS server" when I try to login to Applicaiton Builder. The Call Pilot AOS server is started. I have the app builder 04.04.04.05 and the latest peps. Why do I get this error message?

I have been doing some poking around and found these steps to correct my problem, however, it doesn't correct my problem. Can someone who has app builder functioning run through the first 5 steps and compare their setting with my settings:

Quote:
Here is how I did it on my XP PC.
1) Goto the command prompt and type "dcomcnfg" without the quotes. This will bring up the "Component Services"
2) Expand "Component Services" on the left.
3) Expand "Computers"
4) Right Click "My Computer" and select "Properties"
5) Select the "Default Properties" tab
6) Check "Enable Distributed COM on this computer"

"Enable Distibuted COM on this computer" is checked
"Enable COM internet Services on this computer" not checked
"Default Athentication Level" Connect
"Default Impersonation Level" Identify

You can go to the Nortel web site and search for this PEP:

PEP Number: CP404S03G02A

I have the same problem. I have confirmed all the settings above but still nothing. Did you ever get an answer or solution?

I get this message but only when connecting over my company's VPN connection. Is the AOS server something that is not allowed or usually restricted on VPN's?

No it works over VPN on directly on the lan or through direct dial up. It is basically a service that is running on Call Pilot.

Install the recommended PEP's and if it is still happening, talk to your network folks. It is most likely a network or firewall issue.

Ok, sounds good. I'll have to check into the network side some more. Thanks

I believe that this is DNS related. Try this. Manually input the company DNS server into your remote PC before you connect. Once connected, try App Builder. If it works, close App Builder and remove the DNS server entry and test again. If failed, talk to your VPN peeps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back