Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"could not complete your request because of a program error"

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuhaa

Technical User
Dec 16, 2002
NZ
Any help with solving this problem would be greatly appreciated:

"could not complete your request because of a program error"

I have heaps of HDD space 1.6 gig and 256 RAM and have tried removing all my fonts.

HELP!

HI,

Can you give more details on what you were doing that caused this error? Is this a MAC or PC, what other progs were running at the time? and why did you try removing your fonts?

Need more details to help you out!
relax.gif

woops, that would probably be helpful of me

Im using a PC platform with Windows 98. The error occurs when I try and move an item (with the move tool)in Photoshop 7.0. I generally dont run anything while using Photoshop, sometimes Freehand 10.

I deleted the fonts as I have downloaded a few and wanted to rule that out as a cause of the problem.

Hi,

Have you tried un-installing and re-installing? If not, that is always a good start could be an installation error that is causing it. See if that works for you.

Hope this helps!
relax.gif

Yep tried that twice think it may be time to trash everything and start from scratch. Thanks for the feedback

Hi,

Well I wouldn't start by trashing everything yet. This is where my advise runs out though I don't know alot about compatibily and program errors. It just seems that some people have resolved these types of issues by re-installing so that's why I mentioned it.

Someone else here might have the answer for you.

Good Luck!
relax.gif

just close photoshop application and open again. This usuall happens if you are using more than one applications say like "photoshop,ie,windows explorer,image ready.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back