Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"copy to" or "export to" a text file... 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

torturedmind

Programmer
Jan 31, 2002
PH
another question: how to include the field names when issuing a "copy to" or "export to" a text file? or do i have to do it manually? [ponder]

kilroy [trooper]

COPY TO has a default scope of ALL. If you want just some fields, you would have to list them.

Brian

am sorry but i guess i wasn't clear with my question. what i want is to include the NAMES OF THE FIELDS to the target text file (and not just the records only). uhmmm i really apoligize if i couldn't make mayself more clear [dazed]

kilroy [trooper]

Copy To filename Type csv

Creates a comma separated value file. A CSV file has the field names as the first line in the file, and the field values in the remainder of the file are separated with commas.

hey thanks to all the replies, especially to hgirish cuz that's the command phrase that i need. maybe i was just really dazed when i look up the "COPY TO" command in the help index that i overlooked at the "TYPE CSV" phrase. [dazed] [dazed] [dazed] and for that, hgirish, i give you a star.

kilroy [trooper]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back