Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Connect direcly to another computer"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noip

IS-IT--Management
Apr 25, 2002
MU
Hi,

When I go to "Network and Dial-up connections" --> "Make new connection" , the option "connect directly to another computer" is greyed out.

Any idea?

Thanks,

I've gone through the whole page and related links but haven't found something relevant to my prob.

P.S this is a win2k pro box, the 'Direct Cable Connection' is not optionally installed as in win9x in 'Add/Remove windows compo'

Thanks

Hi all,

I have an old Toshiba Satellite Pro 430CDT, it's pretty dead - no cd, no floppy, no ethernet PCMCIA- basically NO way of copying anything... well apart from Direct Cable connection.

Here's the thing. I bought a 3COM PCMCIA ethernet card, but I can't get it installed because i can't get the driver onto the laptop.. so I figured i would get a DCC going, which is what I did through the serial port. So I now have a functional connection between the Windows 98 laptop, and my Windows XP SP2 pc- for some reason i had to make the Laptop the Host, as the Xp box did not want to be host due to a service not starting. Anyways, the connection is established, but now i want to get this file over to the HOST (win98 laptop) from the XP machine, and i'm having trouble.... I'm sure i'm missing something utterly stupid, but please get back to me to enlighten me.

Cheers

Dimitri

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back