Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Conflict" reply after sending out Outlook 2007 calendar meeting

Status
Not open for further replies.

dpsmith

IS-IT--Management
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hello.

I have one user who uses her Outlook 2007 calendar to schedule meetings in my company.
1 year ago her last name changed from "Brown" to "Smith".
Occasionally, but not always, she will send out a meeting request and will get back a few minutes later a "conflict" error referencing her old name "brown".
I've checked the Exchange 2007 server and her local PC but there is no reference anywhere for "Brown".
No alias and no local archived folder.
The Active Directory on the Domain Controller also has no reference to anyone named "Brown"

We have a very simple setup here at work.
1 DC and one Exchange 2007 server.

Any ideas where I should be looking?

Thanks!

Does she have blackberry or other handheld she uses? She might be scheduling from that and causing the ruckuss.

No, she has no hand held devices.
She gets the "conflict" notifications in the replies from people in the company who respond to her meeting requests.
Could it be on their local pc's?
If so where?

She gets the "conflict" notifications in the replies from people in the company who respond to her meeting requests.

Is it always from the same users? Are any of the users her delegates or is she a delegate of any of the users? If so, try removing the delegation and recreating it.

Hope this helps.

Please help us help you. Read How can I maximize my chances of getting an answer? before posting.

You may won't to check the recipients and see if anyone has her old account listed as a delegate. If she was a delegate for someone and they still have her as a delegate with her old account, Outlook will try and send a notice to her "Brown" account.

Thank you all.
I'm revisiting this problem this week and I will check out any delegate issues.

Is she using Google Calendar? there are known conflicts with it.

No, no Google.
Strictly Outlook 2007/Exchange 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back