Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Coke" bottle creation

Status
Not open for further replies.

alissa72969

Technical User
Jan 25, 2004
US
Can anyone point me in a direction of how I would create a "Coke" bottle in Photoshop 7?

I have been able to create a straight bottle and was planning on distroting it to get the curve effect like a Coke bottle but I havent been able to get the look I want. I havent ever really used the curve tool. I am thinking this is what I need to use. Yes?

If you have it, I would use Illustrator instead of Photoshop!

Oh Really! I dont have it at home but I have it at w ork and I believe a freind has it so I will try that. Thanks!

Sorry to state the obvious but why not photograph a coke bottle?
Keith

LOL! Everyone tells me that. Actually I found a photo of a six foot tall ice sculpture of a coke bottle and used it. Since I am not selling the graphic or using it to make money it worked out perfectly

Why would illustrator be better exactly. I have the program, but haven't found much use for it other than text manipulation.

Illustrator is used for vector graphics.
It's the best for line work, curves, gradients etc etc.
Photoshop will rasterise the lines so they will have a pixeled edge
Illustraor will have a sharp, smooth edge.
Because it is a vector program you can enlarge it without loosing any resolution

Marcus

Illustrator really does what it's named for -- illustration. It's great for drawing images from scratch. And Photoshop is, well, more for photos. So for something like creating a bottle, Illustrator would be perfect (though probably difficult for a first-timer) to draw the shapes, add gradients, dimension, text, etc... (Version CS can even turn 1D shapes into 3D -- super cool!!) Photoshop is perfect for what you ended up doing; manipulating an existing photo. Glad it worked out for you :)

Why don't you just search for a vector eps of the coke bottle and then use that? That would be the easiest thing to do. ;-)

NATE

mainframe.gif

Got a question? Search G O O G L E for links to the fastest answers: www.google.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back