Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Client Access" and File transfer errors

Status
Not open for further replies.

rnpIII

Technical User
May 2, 2001
US
Hello All,

I have searched to no avail for the answer, so once again I come to you for assistance.

I am not performing any kind of server activity, per say.
I am attempting to run a simple file transfer from a 400 system to a pc.

It was working fine until the pc, where the batch is written, was moved. Now I receive this error in the log.
"The system name is invalid or has not been configured. Tranfer Failed."

If I actually open the .tto file I get the window with an ok button and the same error. "Oking" it and then saving the .tto file will allow the batch to perform it's tasks with that .tto file. Until the system or the pc or something decides it is an invalid system name again.

I am logged into the pc as local admin (as before) and using SNA as the gateway to the 400.
This batch performs numerous transfers overnight. I know it is not the batch, it is definitely the .tto files (tried them by hand on the command line with RTOPCB, with same error).

Any ideas or comments will be greatly appreciated.

rnpIII

We're not doing any file transfer pc to 400 via SNA anymore, but it almost sounds like it has lost it's connection to the 400 when trying to do the transfer. Can you verify that there is a connection already established, when you receive the error? I think that you should be able to look at the configuration status of the device on the 400 and tell if there is a job running when that device is communicating (and if so, check that joblog for any errors).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back