Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Cant apply filter in a subform"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Martix

IS-IT--Management
Aug 22, 2001
US
Greetings all

I have a subform that has a macro attached to it that runs on a timer every 15 seconds. The macro requeries the dataset for the form ( this is a live dispatch system for a security company) the subform works perfectly, every 15 seconds it checks for records that have no "time closed" and only displays those records, simple enough. My problem comes in when i try to apply an event to "double ckick" on a field in the subform. I need the dispatchers to be able to pull up a form when the double click on the "Event ID #" field. However every time you have any mouse events within the subform i receive an error that says "You cant use the apply filter action". It then Halts the macro and the timer stops working and the form needs to be reloaded. Any way to get around this I have tried ebverything i know how to.

Have you tried setting the as the first option in doubleclick parent.TimerInterval=0. This will stop the parent form's timer from firing during the rest of the processes. Set the parent.TimerInterval=15000 after the processing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back