Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Can Not Continue" Message

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtorres

MIS
Sep 25, 2002
US
When an employee attempts to check his voice mail, after entering his voice mail box password, the display on the phone reads, "Can Not Continue".

Any idea why?

"D"

He might be locked out, have you tried to reset his voice mail box password. Feature 983.
KDB

cannot continue is not one of the prompts you encounter during normal operation of your voicemail. this is a "known" issue in startalk flash 1.5.00. The best bet is to call your vendor. If you do not have a service contract and wish to try and tackle this yourself, you could delete the mailbox and re-create it again. You could also try a reboot of your voicemail (power down, power up) *warning* you MAY lose all your voicemail programming if you do not unplug the tcm connections for at least a minute before power down.

Hey westcoaster what do you mean unplug your TCm connections to be sure not to lose your programming. I have never heard of this but would like to here some reasoning behind it.

you can try and build another mailbox for that person. I have never been able to retrieve the messages in the mailbox that cannot continue. It is a problem with the NAM 3.0 as well. You may also try and retrieve the messages from calling the extension from outside the pbx.

K2MERLIN
itas tip-067 April 1996 upgrading flash voicemail software
2. Remove teledapt cord(s) from the teladapt jack(s) inside the startalk flash module.
Important: this step must be completed to avoid any possable loss of configuration or programming information.
3. Wait one minute before proceding to the next step.
4. unplug the AC power to the startalk flash module
(etc. etc...)
If you walk up to a flash voicemail and just pull the plug you run the risk of losing the programming of the flash. I think 1.9.00 was bad for this. I have been burned by this and guys I work with have been burned. (happens on power failures as well)
If you hook a laptop to the serial port on the flash and watch the output when you unplug the tcm ports you will see the flash recognize there is no more connection to the ksu and it will attempt to re establish the connection once the attempt has failed it spits out a message saying it cannot talk to the phone system and the flash has stopped. It is at this point it is "safe" to power down the flash. (total time approx one minute)

Westcoaster is 100% correct. All v-mail, flash memory based or hard drive based needs to be (quiet), no reading or writing during shut down. Otherwise, you can get cross linked files and messages like "Cannot Continue"

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back