Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Callwithus" Setup CUCM

Status
Not open for further replies.

homemade88

Technical User
Mar 18, 2013
BS
Hi guys,

I'm trying to implement the service from the vendor Callwithus to help reduce the cost of long distance calls, thing is though, even though I know a decent amount about navigating Call Manager, I'm not familiar with how to get that going as I'm still learning Call Manager. What are a few first things I need to find out to steer me in the right direction? All help is appreciated. Below is just a photo reference to the vendors website in case that help at all.

Screenshot_2023-07-25_163008_pz7xfk.png

I found the following on the configuration tab on their website under "Call Manager", I imagine this is what's required to get this going. I'm sure this isn't just a copy and paste job in the gateway, so what all do I need to modify here before adding the commands to the gateway?

dial-peer voice 77 voip
destination-pattern 77
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:sip.callwithus.com
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
clid network-number username
!
sip-ua
authentication username username password password
nat symmetric check-media-src
registrar ipv4:sip.callwithus.com expires 120
sip-server ipv4:sip.callwithus.com

Also for the clid network-number & the authentication username & password, do I just create one in the gateway in place of the bold words or do I need to reference the usernames and password from elsewhere?

The username and password would be provided by Callwithus. Its how they are authenticating your SIP trunk to them. So the SIP UA stuff is copy and paste and change the username and password. The dial peer portion would be more in line with your organization. Meaning it would look something more like this:

dial-peer voice 77 (this number can be whatever as long as you dont have another dial peer using the same) voip
destination-pattern 9.T (this is assuming you use 9 to dial out and what not).
session protocol sipv2
session target ipv4:sip.callwithus.com
dtmf-relay rtp-nte
codec g711ulaw
clid network-number username

Hard to specify without seeing the whole config of the gateway but that should get you down the right path.

Certifications:
A+
Network+
CCENT
CCNA Voice
CCNP Voice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back