Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"backdoor" access?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoundAbout

Technical User
Feb 20, 2002
US
My boss said that at a previous job their phone system was setup in such a way that normal incoming calls (from customers, etc.) are answered by an operator while incoming calls from another branch could go through their voicemail/automated-attendant.

Is this sort of thing possible with a KX-TD1232? If so, how would I set that up?

Thanks!

RoundAbout

Do you have a manual?
it is possible , you need to set up groups and direct your calls either in DIL1:1 to a group Floating Directory Number (FDN) or if you have ISDN you can direct by CLI

If you are not familiar with this sort of programming you should contact your local panasonic dealer(it wiil save you a lot of hair pulling in the long run.

Thanks Trotski. I have the manuals (and software ;) but the documentation is pretty cryptic (coming from a system/network/database admin that's pretty bad). I'll take your advice as my starting point and see what I can do. I'm not to comfortable with the local guys, I don't feel they're altogether competent.

RoundAbout, If you have trouble, post here and i will try to help

just assign the lines you want the attendent to answer with delayed ring to vm (or no ring if you never want AA to pick up )

then the "back lines " with immediate ring on the vm ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back