Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"AVsync manager-service" XP problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bertl

MIS
Sep 30, 2002
AT
i'am currently using VirusScan Multiplatform v4.5.1SP1 under Windows XP SP1 and have troubles with the "AVsync manager"-service. if it is run under a account other than "system" (eg. administrator), the Virusscan console and the Virusscan Alerting Configuration cannot be properly viewed anymore. unfortunately it is essential for me to do so, since "system" cannot logon on my server (BDC) which is collecting the alert messages, if the user is a local and not a domain one.
by the way, Vscan has been installed with the "maxium security" option marked. anybody who has experienced the same problem and already knows a solution or workaround is welcome?
best regards bertl

Create a specific domain-admin level account for use of the VirusScan service. Make sure to just grant it "log in as service" rights only to prevent being used for interactive login. Use this account to run the service.

HTH,

AVChap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back