Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"Automation Error - Interface Not Registered" in VB with DLL

Status
Not open for further replies.

kittsi

Programmer
Jan 14, 2010
US
I have a DLL that essentially opens a Word doc, runs some basic Word commands such as finding text and replacing it, adding on a cover page. The code then prints the Word doc to a .ps file and then converts it to a PDF.

We've upgraded our web servers to go from Server 2000 to 2003 and Word 2000 to 2003. I am trying to test the VB code to make sure it still works in this environment.

I created a separate VB project that's just an executable so I could step through the code and then imported the Class module that used in the DLL.

The code creates a Word.Application object:
Set appWRD = CreateObject("Word.Application")

Farther down in the code is the following line:
With appWRD.Selection.Find

This errors out with the error message "Automation Error - Interface Not Registered".

Any ideas? I've researched on Microsoft and tried re-registering some MS Word libraries - didn't work. This code works in Server 2000 and Word 2000. So, it's most likely an issue with Server 2003 or Word 2003.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back