Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"ARX Error: Ekey not found"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vgstudio

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
US
This when trying to insert my XREF into a new template.....no way I can do anything with it. The dialogue box pops up and all I can do is click "OK" and then it pops up another "hundred" times and only a portion of the XREF shows up after I hit esc key many, many times....Architectural Desktop 2, Win2k SP3. The xref opens fine by itself, but not when I insert it into the new file....any help or enlightenment would be greatly appreciated.

Look If this is like your problem...

From Autodesk site

&quot;Errors: <ARX file> cannot find a dll or other file that it needs / Unable to load the Modeler DLL's

Published date: 2002-07-26
ID: TS44892

Applies to:
AutoCAD® 2002
AutoCAD® 2000i
AutoCAD® 2000
AutoCAD® 2000 Internet Extension (iX)
AutoCAD LT® 2002
AutoCAD LT® 2000i
AutoCAD LT® 2000

Issue

Error messages are displayed that indicate ARX and DLL files are not loading properly.

Example #1

When starting AutoCAD® 2000 software, warnings are displayed on the command line that DLL files cannot be found when loading the related ARX files:

c:\program files\autocad 2000\acEplotX.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

c:\program files\autocad 2000\achlnkui.arx cannot find a dll or other file that it needs.

Further errors may occur when trying to load ARX applications that require DLL files.

Example #2

When you invoke a solid model command like SPHERE or BOX, the following error message is displayed:

FATAL ERROR:Unable to load the Modeler DLL's

Solution

These errors occur when the number of characters in the Windows® path and AutoCAD support path gets very large, approximately, over 800 characters. To help avoid this problem, install the product to a location with a shorter path if a large number of support paths are going to be used.

For more information about resolving this issue, see related solutions.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
See also

Error when starting the program: A required .DLL File, AC1st15.dll, was not found&quot;

Bye, and good look

Peth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back