Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"After Report" trigger not firing on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Andthereyouare

Programmer
Apr 9, 2002
US
Hey there,
I am running a server based reports using Reports 6.0.8.12.1 through a web browser (IE and Netscape). The output is displayed using the Adobe Acrobat 4.0 software (plugin).

For some reason the "After Report" trigger will not fire. This trigger calls another report to execute only after the primary report is closed. I'm currently using the SRW.Run_Report option to call the second report. I do not receive any error messages, either. The primary report launches using Web_Show() from an Oracle form while on the web.

While in Client mode Runtime Preview option calling the primary report (directly) the trigger seems to work just fine. I can't even get a simple message to display from this trigger while on the web.

What's the problem when the primary report is put on the web, the "After Report" trigger never launches my second report?

Thanks in advance,
Jim

What I've heard so far:
In the PDF case the report has already completed (i.e., all the triggers were fired) when the output was generated. After the report completes, the PDF document is served up to the browser, and reports is completely out of the picture.

In the runtime preview case, reports is also displaying the report and hence you're in a 'live' environment, so when the original report is closed, the reports runtime is still active and can execute the second report.

Hence you essentially have two options:
1) Create a hyperlink on the report on the report so that user can click on that to execute the second report, or
2) Have the second report executed from another web.show_document() call in the form.

...I guess I'm going with the second route, Oh what fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back