Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

"83" disconnect doesn't disconnect

Status
Not open for further replies.

telebub

Vendor
Jan 9, 2009
US
Hello all, We have a CallPilot 1005r on Release 5 running SU04S with SP2. PBX is an 81C on Release 5.0 with the latest Deplist installed tonight. When you get into a mailbox and press "83" to disconnect, CallPilot lady says "Goodbye" but the line doesn't drop. It stays up until you press Rls or if on an outside call, you hang up. I have tested with other CallPilots and can't duplicate the problem. All of the others I have tested disconnect the line without having to hangup or press release. I know this seems minor but I have a user complaining about it so I wanted to provide a fix. Plus when you conference someone in and you get their voicemail, it is nice to press "83" and disconnect but here the line stays up. Anyone else out there come across this issue?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

More info: I re-ran Config Wizard last night to erase and re-program the DSPs and performed a full shutdown and restart of the server. I also reseated the MGate cards. After all that and updating the PBX Deplist, I did more testing.

I can now check my mailbox locally and press "83" and it will drop the line. If I check my mailbox from off-site, it doesn't drop the line. If I call and get someone's voicemail greeting, whether locally or off-site, it doesn't drop the line.

If I create an announcement in AppBuilder, the line drops after the announcement is done playing.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

No ideas huh? Another piece of information:

This system has 2 CDNs, 06xx and 03xx. When I hit CallPilot via 06xx and press "83", it disconnects everytime. I find the failure of "83" when I hit CallPilot via 03xx. 03xx is the primary CDN that most phones in the system point to. Both CDNs look identical and are acquired by CallPilot. Is there any rule that you shouldn't use 2 CDNs?

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

You are only supposed to have 3 CDN's and point everything else to those.

1. voice messaging cdn
2. fax/multimedia messaging cdn
3. speech recognition

You can have 06xx as cdn and 03xx as acd point to 06xx and in the sdn table 03xx is voice messaging.

Signature===========================================

Aastra Authorized Reseller

WHen u call from External, does DTMF work at all?

Pronei, yes everything works perfect except "83" disconnect when reaching CallPilot through CDN 03xx.

TNPhoneman, I am going to remove CDN 06xx so that CDN 03xx is the only CDN set as Voice Messaging.

I will update this post when that is complete.

War Eagle!
Lions Baseball '09!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back