Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quiz - Resetting scores

Status
Not open for further replies.

PennyN

Technical User
Mar 3, 2005
GB
When scoring a test. If the end-user fails the test I want them to be able to re-sit the test but the score always calculates the score in addition to the old score. For instance: if there are 10 questions, the first score would be 6 out of 10, on the re-sit the score would be 12 out of 20, not 6 out of 10 again.

Please could someone help! I think it is a calculation icon that is needed somewhere but I dont know what variable to use.

I havent been using authorware long so an easy explanation would be good!

You simply wouldn't initialize the variables which contain the NumberCorrect & the NumberQuestions upon reentry of the test. Continue to increment the values as you had the first time through the test and you should get the results you want.

i am not sure what you are asking. When the user takes the the test for the second time, if you want the total number correct and total number of questions added (like your example 6 out of 10 for the first, 12 out of 20 for the second), then you would do what Imvirden suggested.

If thats not what you want, you can initializ the tracking variables.

Initialize(Score,TotalQuestions)

or

Score := 0
TotalQuestions := 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back