Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quirky firfox input text box issue - No Cursor!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 11, 2007
Yeah this is a weird one. I hope there is a workaround!

There is a TEXTBOX on this page when you click "Send Message" that appears in a pop up div. When the textbox has focus and you are typing, the cursor does not appear. Its very annoying! Please tell me there is a simple explanation for why this is happening.

Here an example page - click on "Send Message":

Thank!

-- Jenni

It says "You must be logged in to perform this function".

----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Sorry! Please log with:

username: test
password: test

Thank you for taking a look!

-- jenni

javascript error:

Code:
Error: unterminated string literal
Source File: [URL unfurl="true"]http://wisetopic.com/_inc/FCKeditor/editor/fckeditor.html?InstanceName=FCKeditor1&Toolbar=WiseTopic_AddComment[/URL]
Line: 212, Column: 59
Source Code:
	    document.getElementById("xEditingArea").style.color = "#ffffff;

*cLFlaVA
----------------------------
[tt]"quote goes here"[/tt]
[URL unfurl="true"]http://www.coryarthus.com/[/url]

It has to have something to do with your css.

Check all the css definitions for all your defined elements in between the div with id="sendMessage"

Look for a cursor:none line.

(probably in #message and/or #subject)

[small]"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush[/small]
<.

Hey MonkSnake,

I agree with you - its prolly in the CSS, but there is no "cursor: " property assigned to any elements on that page... doesn't the cursor property define the mouse cursor, not the blinking cursor?

Here is the CSS for that div's inputs:

Code:
.popup input, .popup textarea, .popup select {
	display: block;
	margin: 5px;
	width: 360px;
}

thank you!!

doesn't the cursor property define the mouse cursor, not the blinking cursor?

Yeah, I'm being stupid again.

[small]"There's an old saying in Tennessee — I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee — that says, fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again." - George W. Bush[/small]
<.

I found out what the problem is:

All the flash items in your page is making the cursor go nuts. You can see what I mean by removing them, sadly I don't have any idea of how to keep this from happening.

<.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back