Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quintum ATA & Nortel NRS SIP failover registration

Status
Not open for further replies.

cog4030

IS-IT--Management
Feb 18, 2004
US
We have two NRS's, one is primary and one is alternate. We also have approximately 30 Quintum ATA's that register to the NRS using SIP.

When the primary NRS fails or loses network connection everything should (we think)register to the alternate NRS.

All of our Nortel CS & sig servers will register to the alternate NRS fine. But none of the Quintum ATA's will.

The NRS domain name is entered in the Quintum SIP signaling group as the primary & secondary SIP server. And both the NRS IP addresses are entered in the Quintum DNS Host table.

Proxy fail over behavior is set to fail over on error response.

We tried taking the NRS domain name out and entering the primary NRS IP address for the primary and the
alternate IP address in the secondary. They still won't register.

Does anyone use Quintum ATA's and the dual NRS setup and has failover registration working ??

Thanks in Advance

Larry Leranth
we-energies
Milwaukee, WI

cog4030,

Do you have a node IP address assigned in the CS1000? If so, is it set as the "Call Signal IP Address" in your static routes under VoIP routing in the Quintum?

I had the same issue with Quintum when I was evaluating SIP ATA's, and that led me to go with AudioCodes which do failover and recover correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back