Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QuickVPn software

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 17, 2005
US
Just trying the software, I created an account, and put the pertinent info in. I enter my IP address and it says, connecting, activating policy, verifying network but then gets an error and says the remote gateway is not responding.

Is my IP address the address of the cable modem? So the software is hitting the modem, but not the gateway. How do I set it to "forward" the traffic to the router(192.168.3.1)

You would connect to the public IP address (or domain name)of your router.

Are you doing this from outside the network that is hosted by the VPN router or are you trying to do it from inside the same network?

Outside. Trying to connect to a home network. So the ISP wont give a static IP.

So, that wont work?

Sure it will still work; as long as you know the (dynamic) public IP address at any given time. Check it before you leave or have someone inside the network check it using any number of availble services. Then, use the public IP address to connect from the outside. If you search around, there are utilities to periodically check & post the public IP address to a web page & things like that as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back