Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

quicktime uninstall problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

techwar

MIS
Jun 26, 2003
US
I have myself into a bind. I have a video machine that uses AVID editing software. The avid will not work with the new quicktime 7 which I updated quicktime 6.52 to 7. I pulled the ver. 7 quicktime icon down to trash and emptied trash. I downloaded the quicktime ver 6.52. Now when I try to install 6.52 a message is displayed a newer version exists. I thought I got rid of it. Do you know how I can fix this what I did wrong?

If life knocks you down, get back up and live.

I'm assuming you are using OS 10.3.9 or earlier since 10.4 (Tiger) requires QuickTime 7.

QuickTime 6.5.2 Reinstaller for QuickTime 7.0.1 is downloadable on the Apple Web Site -
About this update

The QuickTime 6.5.2 reinstaller will remove QuickTime 7.0.1 from a Mac OS X 10.3.9 system and restore QuickTime 6.5.2.

Note: This reinstaller will only run on Mac OS X 10.3.9.

I had to reload the OS 10.3.9 to get rid of the quicktime 7. Quicktime 6.52 was reinstalled upon the reload. I selected the option save data files. All my data files were not touched. Worked out fine. I tried to do what you suggested before I put this up and for some reason the uninstall for 7 did not work, but the reload did. Thanks!

If life knocks you down, get back up and live.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back