Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quicktime Self contained saving

Status
Not open for further replies.

docramage

Technical User
Jun 13, 2006
GB
I've been using QT Professional for some weeks, but cannot discover why the option to "save as" often has the "self-contained" button greyed out.

What determines whether or not I can save a .mov file as self-contained.

I am trying to join a dozen .mov clips (from my digital camera) into a single self-contained QT movie.

Many thanks

Philip

Hmm I don't know much about Quicktime, but you could open the movies in Windows Movie Maker (if you have it) then create one movie made up of your clips. You can even input sound and other effects. You might have to convert it into a the file format you need using some sort of converting software. Perhaps Videora, I think its free.

I'm sorry I can't answer your question, but hopefully provide you with an alternate route if you will.. :)

----------

Steve Budzynski

"So, pass another round around for the kids. Who have nothing left to lose and for those souls old and sold out by the soles of my shoes"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back