Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quicktime and swf compatibility issue *** Heeelllppp!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billye72

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
FR
Hi!
I'd like to know if there is a way of having a flash playing fullscreen in Director as a background., and when I click on a button included in my flash File, it stops my flash file and play on a part of it a video.
For example you click "movie" and the following happens :
- on the right part of my flash file all the actors list appears and when it's done it stops and one can see on the left part of it the trailer.

I've been trying it but the video has a lot a trouble in being read. it's very bad quality.
Is there any solution to make them compatible?!?
Many many thanks for your help...
cheers
Billye

By placing the Flash member on the bottom most layer (1), it will place it as a "background" This really wouldn't matter about the video though, since video supercedes all other members and plays on top of them.

To stop the flash member from playing when the movie does, you could use the lingo on a pushbutton that starts the movie and stops the flash, then when it is done, restarts the flash member:

The below code would be connected to the button that runs the movie:
on mouseDown me
go to frame (yourmovie)
stop sprite yourflash
end

Then the below code would allow the movie to play in one frame until it is done and then move to frame x when it is done playing:

property spriteNum
on exitFrame me
myMember = sprite(spriteNum).member
myDuration = member(myMember).duration
myMovietime = sprite(spriteNum).movieTime
if myDuration > myMovietime then
go to the frame
else
go to the frame + 1
play(sprite yourflash)
end if

end

This assumes that the flash member encompasses the frames that the movie sprite appears in.

I think this should work....hope it helps.

Crispy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back