Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quicktime 7x

Status
Not open for further replies.

porkchopexpress

IS-IT--Management
May 26, 2005
GB
I'm trying to deploy QuickTime 7.1 or 7.2 via Active Directory and am encountering problems with the .qtp config file similar to the person in this thread

now the next and last thing I was going to do was add the qtp. The plist im not sure if we need because we have special circumstances here allowing us to use quicktime with out the registration number.

So in Tuner I went to Files and Folders
I did a right click on destination computer and show folder.
Now there I did not have an all users option

So at this point I was a little confused and called Macrovision
They had me right click Destination Computer, show folder, and select AppDataFolder

Now supposedly according to the guy I talked to thats the same as Application Data...please correct me if im wrong...They then told me to create the subfolders Apple Computer\Quicktime. I actually wondered if under Destination Computer if I should have created the following folder structure :%ALLUSERSPROFILE\Application Data\Apple Computer\QuickTime

He is telling me at this point I should be able to just drop the qtp file in there. I could have however swore that someone posted if you do that it gets overwritten the first time quicktime runs.

I've tried a couple of different ways of copying a configured file over after install but it always seem to be overwritten at first run. I've tried using a second .msi file that installs after Quicktime and i notice the new file is copied over but seems to be overwritten again at first run.

This is a pain as i would like to remove the tray icon and prevent auto update which cannot be set in the msi as far as i can tell.

Has anyone managed to find a way of deploying this file?

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back