Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

QuickReports Scaling Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

gforce2002

Programmer
Jan 30, 2003
CA
I have a problem with a report that I am working on in QuickReports, where I use the QuickRep.QRPrinter.Canvas to actually draw graphical elements on the page. (e.g. LineTo, TextOut, Ellipse, etc.)

The elements appear fine on the preview in perfect proportion - however when printing, the entire image is scaled very much smaller and is only about an inch tall! It also seems to vary depending on the printer used, but is always much smaller. This report worked fine under Delphi2/QR1, but after upgrading the application to D4/QR3, it now does this.

Does anyone have any suggestion about how to get the image to scale up to the correct size? If I change the coordinates in the code, the preview would then be way off. I have found a couple of vague suggestions on the internet, but they require the source code for QuickReports, which I don't have with my version that came with Delphi.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back