Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quickest Way To Get All My Announcements On A New Media Server 1

Turtlepuke

Technical User
Jan 9, 2008
US
What would be the quickest way to get about 1000 announcements on a new media server? I see that System Manager has a backup function where you can download announcements. I also see a broadcast feature which I haven't tested yet.

But couldn't an easier way be to just SFTP all the announcements over to the media server? I guess my real question is, where in Linux are the announcements stored I went out on the media server and poked around in /opt/avaya/mediaserver but I don't see any Announcement directory.

Anyone know where it is? And will FTP'ing work?

1.jpg

This is all I see when I ls
2.jpg

contents of ma:
3.jpg

If you have the WAV files already downloaded to your PC, you can follow the procedure for "bulk upload" in the AAMS Admin Guide. It basically just has to be zipped and "foldered" properly.

CM servers have dedicated folders for allowing ftp
CM virtual machines are setup this way as well. ftp is not allowed to other folders that are not in this file structured directory.
However, sftp and scp will allow copying files to folders with proper permissions. Examples are below
/var/home/ftp/pub
/var/home/ftp/pub/announcements

/var/home/dadmin

Are your announcements on G4X0 gateways now? In CM use "enable ann xxxV9", where xxx=gateway#. Once you do that you can FTP them to your PC using something like WinSCP (in FTP mode). When you get them to your PC, review the AAMS admin guide for the structure of the ZIP file for bulk uploading. Part of the naming convention of the ZIP file you will create includes data from the Signaling Group of the media server in CM. Note that if this is the first time you are using your AAMS for media (announcements), you will need to manually add at least one announcement to CM that points to your AAMS (for example M1).

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back