Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quickbooks Integration Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

daniellee4874

Programmer
Feb 27, 2007
US
I currently have a SQL database that transmits data to Quickbooks. The data I am transferring can be thought of as "entered bills" for instance, PO 101 might be $100 dollars and this data would go to Quickbooks. My question is can Quickbooks talk back to my SQL database? For instance if someone in Quickbooks edited the data in PO 101, can I make this change be reflected in my SQL database? If someone can point me in the right direction, it would be helpful.

Thanks,

Daniel Lee

They would need to send you back a file, which would could import then update the records which they sent back.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Hi, I am trying to accomplish the first part of what you mentioned. I have a web app with a SQL Server2005 backend, and would like to import data into QuickBooks. Could you please help me do it. Thanks.

You'll need to ask QuickBooks support how there software works. I don't know anything about QuickBooks it self.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

--Anything is possible. All it takes is a little research. (Me)
[noevil]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back