Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations strongm on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Reports 3.5.0 - labels

Status
Not open for further replies.

soyoukan

Programmer
Jun 22, 2007
GB
I loaded the example label set up from delphi 5 (file/new), and would like to know how to get more than just the one label to print per a4 page!

there's 2 columns... nothing special data wise. if i try and copy the first block it just goes below the first...

i would like an incremental number to print on the label; and the number of actual labels to be chosen before printing!

please help...i am pulling my hair out!!!!

you only need 1 detail band.
when linked to a database the 1 detail band is duplicated down the page then a second row next to it till the page is full.

what data or how many labels is based on what data you give it.

for numbers put a QRLabel on the band and increment its value or give it table record number in its onprint event.
Code:
procedure TForm1.QRLabel1Print(sender: TObject; var Value: String);
begin
 Value:= inttostr(Table1.Recno);
end;

Aaron

hi
thanks,

the label is not printed from a database; think of it more as a "ticket" with the same info on it (some put on before printing but also a "number" put on it; so when printing i want to specify to print 6 tickets - numbers will then appear 1 to 6 on it as well.

how do i specify the number of labels it will print..? I cannot do the "pages" property because that gives me x pages all with one label on it.

thanks

1 way is to setup a memory table to put your records into, then when linked to the report would give you your 6 lables and record numbers.

im sure you can do it without a table, ive never tried i dont use quick report.

Aaron

.......any other ideas to this problem, please?

Is it only ever going to be 1 to 6 or will this number continually increment ?
Is that the only info that will change or is a name or other unknown field to be applied ?

My Feeblegirl.com Forum boards for mmorpgs, sport, fun, politics...

guthro

the name and reg number plus a barcode will be set before print and will not change.

the ticket number needs to increment - 1 to whatever

ALL other info on a ticket is the same each time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back