Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick question re: recording multiple announcements 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

7Doug77

Systems Engineer
May 24, 2018
US
If I'm recording multiple announcements using the FAC and a phoneset with console permissions, do I really have to hang up and redial the FAC for every announcement? No way to record multiple announcements on the same call?

Response is NO. I suggest you to record your announces in way format u-law, 8000hz, 64kbps,mono. Professional or buy a good MIC... then use ASA nor WinSCP to transfer it to the system.

You'll find that a lot of people use Audacity or Wavepad. I've used both to record greetings and then transfer them to the CM VAL boards. I personally liked Wavepad over Audacity, I found it a littler more user friendly.

I used a Plantronics USB headset and it seemed to record just fine. The nice thing is that you can adjust the recordings afterwards and make them sound better through the equalizers and other options. You can also clip silences in the beginning and end of the file to make it cleaner without long pauses at the beginning or end of the recording.

- Stinney

“The man who asks a question is a fool for a minute, the man who does not ask is a fool for life.” - Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back