Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Question is it possible to have a report previewed on a form.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 23, 2002
US
Is it possible to have a user click a button to preview/display a report on the form itself say in a text box or ole box instead of having the entire screen changing to the report review mode then closing it out to view the form again ???

Hi,
I am trying to understand why you need this functionality. Do you need to see the original form and the criteria selected to create the report? If this is the case, you can easily add the criteria to the page header of the report. If this is what you need, please reply to this post and I will give you the code to do that.

From what I can understand, you are trying to accomplish exactly what is happening anyway. Access will automatically create a new window and display the report inside of it. This, of course, it done using the 'acviewPreview" option on the DoCmd.OpenReport command line.
HTH, [pc2]
Randy Smith
California Teachers Association

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back