Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Question, HELP!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

PalmIdiot

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2001
US
I have a router 1720 that is up and running at my remote site. The people at the site cannot access the internet. I have done a Tracert and I get stopped at my router. However, my router makes a fine VPN connection with the router at another site we have and these people can talk fine between themselves. The site that can't access the internet can easily connect to the e-mail server at the other site and connect to shares. I looked over the configs of my 1720 and they look fine, plus I have tried rebooting it, and that did not work, Any ideas at what might help resolve this issue? Thanks

Actually this sounds more like a routing problem. The router knows what to do with traffic bound for the main site but not for the internet. What protocol are you using? Rip,Ospf etc.. or are you just using static routes? Be sure to put a static default route from the remote site to the main site. Otherwise a config might be helpful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back