Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Mac test please :) 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sleidia

Technical User
May 4, 2001
FR
Hi Mac users :)

Could you be kind enough to test
with your favourite browser and report if the scroll script worked well or not. Please don't forget to mention what browser you used.

Also, on PC I found it scrolls slower in FF than in any other browser. Same on Mac?

Many thanks ;)

Thanks !

Can someone test on IE and others?

with your favourite browser

Not my favorite browser, but your script works fine in IE6.
The menu scrolling with the page, that is.

[monkey][snake] <.

The website isn't mine btw.

No IE after 5.5 (or was it 5?) on a Mac and hardly anyone uses it. I wouldn't worry about that one.

Works fine in Mac FF 2.0.0.3 and Safari 2.0.4

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

I've also tested it in a relative positioned div and it worked!

I tested it using IE 5.5 on this 350mh G3 Mac runing OS 9.2.2. It appeared to work at about the same speed as using the latest IE & FF on a modern WinMachine.

Also tested it using NS 4.77 on this Mac. Worked a slight bit slower, but still at an acceptable speed.

mmerlinn

"Political correctness is the BADGE of a COWARD!"

Also works fine in Camino (v1.0.3), Opera 9.2 and IE 5.2 under OSX 10.3.9

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

That's a pretty neat little menu, there. I like it. [smile] I tried in FF2 on Windows XP Pro, Dell "developer" PC.

I also tried it on IE 6.02900..xp_sp2...

It seemed to load slower on IE6 than FF2 for the first time, but seemed to run a little quicker and smoother on IE. Of course, once the browser was closed and re-opened in IE, opening the page was practically instantaneous.

--

"If to err is human, then I must be some kind of human!" -Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back