Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick Loading of TMediaPlayer Files?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaywarner

Technical User
Jan 8, 2010
GB
Hi Guys,

Thanks for taking the time to read my post.

I was wondering if anyone could help me with Juddering/Loading when using TMediaPlayer?

I have 6, 45-second videos (in .avi format, from a webcam) of an engineering experiment I did.

I have written a simple application that will show me the reading from my sensors in realtime on a TeeChart and show the video at the top of the TForm.

The trouble is, every time one video stops and the app loads the next one, there is a blanking out/juddering on the TMedia Player which knocks it out of sync with the data below.

does anyone know of a way to "smooth" this out? ideally I would like a seamless transition between videos. I have double buffered video on and I have included my video code below.

Huge thanks to everyone for any help.

"I won't say that its better than sex, but it does last longer" - Professor Stephen Hawking on Eureka Moments - HaHaHaHa - Awesome!

Seems to me that what you would want to do is load not only the video you want to show, but to pre-load the next one so you can begin playing it when the first one finishes. As you start playing the next video, again, pre-load the next in the list, until you have no more videos.

The double-buffering won't do anything to help the transition from one video to the next. It would only help in reducing flickering of the video currently being played.

You may be able to pre-load the next video inside a thread, minimizing any latency in your GUI.

Thank You majlumbo!!

That is exactly what I want to do! I will persue this I think, it seems to be the way to go.

failing that, I am looking into a OpenCV type arrangment, which is more complex but may acheive my objective.

Thank you so much for you help.

"I won't say that its better than sex, but it does last longer" - Professor Stephen Hawking on Eureka Moments - HaHaHaHa - Awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back