Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Quick GW deploy

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaosk

Programmer
Apr 11, 2001
CL
hi, my company is migrating to GW 6.5 and we need a solution to install the GW clients. we have more than 200 workstations and install one at a time its not ideal.
what do u recommend?
how can i install it to all the stationt at once?

PS: we dont have Zenworks, and dont have anyone who knows how it works

Use SETUPIP to package it, and have it launch from the login script when the users login. Can't do much better than that.

You'll have to do some research on SETUPIP, but there are plenty of TIDs and writeups about it. It's pretty quick and painless.

Marvin Huffaker MCNE, CNE
Marvin Huffaker Consulting

Ok, im going to check it.
i have another question:
"we had a problem when install GW client 6.5 in a pc with outlook2000, whe resolve it by leaving outlook with an empty profile, and then installing GW, are there other solution or aproach to it?

personally i would remove outlook

they dont sit well together

i do the same. but they need the messages saved on outlook, if i conver the pst from outlook, where its get saved? in the workstation or on the server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back